Using webhooks, you can execute a AWS Lambda function. This can be useful to build arbitrary integrations to work with Canonic.
For example: Use a lambda to send lead information to Salesforce CRM using a lambda
AWS Lambda is a function type webhook. To create one, select your input type as Function when creating a webhook.
AWS Lambda Settings
|Function Name||The name of the aws lambda function to execute. Can be any of the following name formats:
|Region||The AWS region where the function is hosted. (For example: us-east-1)|
|Access Key||The access key for an IAM credential that has sufficient permissions to invoke the above function.|
|Access Secret||The access key secret for an IAM credential that has sufficient permissions to invoke the above function.|
Creating a AWS Lambda webhook
- Create a new webhook on the endpoint you want to trigger the webhook.
- Select the input type as Function.
- Select AWS Lambda as the provider.
- Enter the relevant properties (function name, region, access key, and secret).
- Close the properties panel to save your changes.
The webhook will be triggered whenever the endpoint you attached it to is triggered.
You can receive the result of this webhook in the extensions field by enabling the wait for webhooks options in the Endpoint properties.