You can send a message on Slack based on a dynamic template that you define. The message is sent whenever the webhook is triggered.
For example: Send a message to Slack whenever a new entry is created in your Leads table on Canonic.
Slack is a message type webhook. To create one, select your input type as Message when creating a webhook.
|Trigger URL||The webhook URL for Slack. You can learn more about creating one here.|
|Message Body||The message that would be sent to slack on the trigger url.
It's a handlebars template so you can refer to the data from which the endpoint was triggered. You can also access any previous webhook's data. You can read more about the available variables here
Creating a Slack webhook
- Create a new webhook on the endpoint you want to trigger the webhook.
- Select the input type as Message.
- Select Slack as the provider.
- Enter the trigger URL and the message body to be sent.
- Close the properties panel to save your changes.
The webhook will be triggered whenever the endpoint you attached it to is triggered.
You can receive the result of this webhook in the extensions field by enabling the wait for webhooks options in the Endpoint properties.